Martin Jones Jersey

in General Section Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 am
by yudan18 • 20 Posts

Nathan MacKinnon was a legitimate MVP candidate last spring but finished second to Taylor Hall of the New Jersey Devils in the voting.Had he gotten off to a faster start in 2017-18 Joonas Donskoi Jersey , the Colorado Avalanche center might have won the Hart Trophy over Hall.He won’t have to worry about a slow start to this season hurting his chances. After scoring just one goal in his first 10 games last year, MacKinnon has five goals in the first four games this year. He scored two in Colorado’s 6-1 win at Buffalo on Thursday night, and he hopes to keep the momentum going when the Avalanche host the Calgary Flames on Saturday night.Article continues below ...It took MacKinnon 15 games last year to get his fifth goal and he still finished with a career-high 39. After putting in a lot of work in the offseason, 39 goals looks like a low number or MacKinnon.“It’s always nice to get off to a good start,” he told reporters after Thursday’s win. “It takes some pressure off you, for sure. You get a few on the board quick and early. Last year wasn’t a great start for me, but I got going. Hopefully, I can continue this momentum for the whole season.”The Avalanche (3-1) hope their fast start overall can continue and prove the loss in Columbus was a blip. They responded with a big win over the Sabres, now they have one home game before heading back on the road for four more.Colorado, which assigned center Sheldon Dries to the AHL on Friday, is getting contributions from all four lines and the defense, which has translated into 17 goals in the first four games.Calgary (2-2) is coming of a 5-3 loss at St. Louis on Thursday night. The Flames took a 1-0 lead on a goal by free-agent signee James Neal but then the Blues scored three straight, including one 12 seconds after Neal.There was a scary moment when Calgary superstar Johnny Gaudreau took a big hit from St. Louis forward Alex Steen after Gaudreau grabbed Brayden Schenn. He came up wincing but said he was fine.“The slash was a little more than the hit, but I’m alright Justin Braun Jersey Kids ,” Gaudreau told sportsnet.ca after the game. “(Schenn) got me in the hand there. I kind of looked down and the guy stepped up and hit me.”Gaudreau is a lithe 165 pounds and one of the faster players in the league. He has taken a couple of hits this season, which is worrisome, but Gaudreau shrugged them off.“In Nashville the guy poked my skate out and I probably would have avoided the hit if I didn’t get my skate poked out, and tonight I looked down at my finger when I got slashed and didn’t see the guy step up on me,” he told sportsnet.ca. “Both probably would have been avoided if those two plays didn’t happen before the hit.”Colorado fans would rather have the dynamic Gaudreau on the ice, as long as the Avalanche win. With the way MacKinnon is playing they have a good chance, even with Gaudreau in the lineup. DALLAS — When the Ottawa Senators visit the Dallas Stars Friday night one team will see its two-game losing streak end.Ottawa (9-10-3, 21 points) is 2-6-1 on the road after a 6-4 loss at Minnesota on Wednesday night. They followed up a 7-5 loss on Monday at home to the Florida Panthers falling behind early Wednesday in Minnesota.“Every loss, whether it’s this one or another one, you’re not happy about losing period,” Senators coach Guy Boucher said after his allowed six goals for the sixth time this season.Article continues below ...In Wednesday’s loss, Ottawa trailed 2-0 after one period and 4-1 at the second intermission. Despite mounting a nice comeback in the final 20 minutes, the same issues which have plagued the Senators all season continue to be a factor.“We had a major push and we tied the game, but what’s been hurting us is still hurting us Youth Kevin Labanc Jersey ,” Boucher said. “It’s the way we defend, just easy coverage in front of the net. We got to get better there. Our forwards have to tie up in front of the net when the puck’s behind the net and we got to get better at it.”Perhaps one positive is that the Senators have already defeated Dallas this season, 4-1 in Ottawa back on October 15.Dallas (11-9-2, 24 points) is also on a two-game losing streak after losing 5-1 at Pittsburgh on Wednesday two days after a 2-1 loss to the New York Rangers and three days after scoring four times in the second period of a 6-2 win over the New York Islanders.Injuries were a big factor for the Stars as eight players were sidelined, including five defensemen and starting goaltender Ben Bishop, expected to miss at least a week with a lower body injury after getting hurt on Monday.Despite the injuries, first-year Dallas coach Jim Montgomery wasn’t making excuses after a disappointing result. “We feel bad and embarrassed about the way we played tonight,” Montgomery said postgame.Montgomery opened his postgame media scrum by falling on the sword for his team’s four-goal loss, saying it was on him because the Stars weren’t adequately prepared to face the Penguins.The Stars, who are 7-3-1 on home ice, have scored two goals or fewer in seven of their last 11 contests.Montgomery has a pretty good idea why the offense is currently stuck in dry dock, and again blamed much of those offensive woes on the aforementioned lack of preparation.“We’re not skating. We’re not together,” Montgomery said. “Our puck support is not good enough. Our timing and spacing, a lot of negatives. I’m not preparing them well enough Martin Jones Jersey , so we’re not in sync.”Dallas players and coaches took Thanksgiving off before hosting the Senators on Friday, and Montgomery feels a day to flush this game out of their system is a big positive.“Yeah, tonight’s over with,” Montgomery said Wednesday. ?We just start preparing for Ottawa now, enjoy Thanksgiving at home with family and get back to work on Friday. This is over with.”One positive to come from the loss was the NHL debut of goaltender Landon Bow, who relieved starter Anton Khudobin, who allowed five goals on 16 shots, midway through the middle frame.Bow stopped all 14 shots he faced.But in the end, Stars captain Jamie Benn summed up the loss best.“Pretty embarrassing tonight,” Benn said. “We let our goalie down.”Dallas is 0-3-2 in the last five meetings with Ottawa.

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 420 Guests are online.:
muandace juriya, Sameer Sharma, jerrylost, ReubenGentry, Robertjames, Bandar Bola Online, careerliftup

We welcome our newest member: muandace juriya
Board Statistics
The forum has 52420 topics and 75145 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen