d by both male designers and consumers, Nike’s all

in General Section Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:20 am
by yaya2017 • 51 Posts

Tesfa himself was enlisted by Nike along with two other “regular” London merchants — Nike Air Vapormax Femme painter and decorator Steve and photography student Adidas ZX Flux Femme Suraya — as the brand’s exclusive stockists in what was an unorthodox advertising and distribution strategy, well fitting with Rose’s own codes of Nike Air Max 90 Damen transforming the mundane into standout fashion.“I’m really interested in real people and in fashion [and] there’s Nike Air Presto Femme no reason the two can’t come together in a beautiful union,” For the collection itself, Rose took cues from both heritage English and American sports cultures and was inspired by the way mainstream communities dress in those countries. For the apparel — oversized, Nike Air Vapormax Womens multicolored tracksuits and fluorescent sports tops — she looked back to her teenage years when she would purchase clothing from JD Sports, while the deformed footwear, which will come in classic white, pastel pink and all-black colourways, are renditions of Nike’s Monarch model, often associated with “middle-American Nike Air Pegasus 89 Damen dads,” according to the designer.

Aesthetics aside, the line remains heavily connected to Nike’s performance roots. “For the whole collection I was Adidas ZX Flux Femme looking at athletes, particularly basketball players and how their bodies form in different ways due to their profession,” explains Rose.“So for the tracksuit we were imagining if I was to put on a Michael Jordan tracksuit, how that would be and how I would have to adapt that to fit my body. Then we looked at some of the sneaker lasts that Nike have of the athletes Adidas Arkyn Femme and their feet and we applied that to the shoes to create these amazing forms.”Ever since founding her namesake label in 2007, Rose has become known for her down-to-earth take on streetwear as well as her innovative show sets. For her most recent Spring/Summer 2019 collection, Nike Air Max 2017 Damen the designer brought out editors and Nike Air Max Command Damskie high-profile friends of the brand, including Luka Sabbat, to a North London cul-de-sac, where local residents sat between showgoers. The seasons prior to that she showed her collections at a community climbing center and a street market in Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Mens Tottenham.

For Adidas ZX 750 Womens Nike, the collab reflects a wider ambition for the brand around merging its lifestyle and performance businesses — a strategy previously adopted by competitors including adidas, PUMA and Reebok. For over a decade Nike has collaborated with fashion designers like Kim Jones, Riccardo Tisci and Virgil Abloh, yet for years a major cross-over partnership between the two pillars was left out. That changed when Nike announced last May that it would be releasing a performance collection with 1017 ALYX 9SM’s Matthew Williams.In addition, in a sneaker Nike Air Max 2017 Femme culture that has long been Nike Air Presto Mujer dominated by both male designers and consumers, Nike’s alliance with Martine Rose marks the next step in the sportswear company’s plans to scale its $6.6 billion women’s business to $11 billion by 2020. And while the collection won’t be exclusively targeted towards Nike Air Max 270 Femme women, including more female designers such as Korean-American co-founder of Ambush, Yoon Ahn, who teased her Nike capsule collection earlier this week, will be part of that strategy.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 464 Guests are online.:
arjukhan12, hasinaji

We welcome our newest member: hasinaji
Board Statistics
The forum has 48500 topics and 69861 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen