below the line.this weekend i

in General Section Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:57 am
by Banning • 208 Posts

i'm just back from a lovely week in Berlin, where I spent quite a lot of time on the Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark track . Not one to let holidays get in the way of training, me. Nike Air Max 90 Femme Noir Particularly when a lovely track that's open virtually all the time, has fantastic facilities and is free to use, is on offer. And Adidas Hamburg Womens when my big race is now less than a month away.

So how do you run when you are on holiday if you run at all? I find the long runs are Nike Air Max Jewell Femme the hardest you can't just mindlessly go off on your normal route as at home but you hardly want to be jogging along with your nose in a map. How do you manage: do you meticulously plot routes beforehand or, like me, find yourself doing most of a 10-mile run on a track.

As usual, share your weekend highs and lows, PBS and PWs below the line.this weekend it was, of course, the Bupa Great North Run. Biggest half marathon in the world. Fifty-odd thousand people including Mo Farah, Kenenisa Bekele and Haile Gebrselassie; Tirunesh Dibaba and Meseret Defar. I had never run it before Nike Air Max 1 Womens and it was my key race in the buildup to the Lucerne marathon, and off the back of 10k PB last week. I couldn't wait.
It started to Nike Air Pegasus 83 Womens go wrong on Friday: pre-race nerves and hypochondria started to give way to definite temperature and chesty cough. By Saturday afternoon I was shivering, achy and dizzy as I climbed the escalators at King's Cross station in London. I picked up my tickets and stared at the Newcastle train. I pictured myself trying to run race pace for 13 miles. No chance. Could I just jog round, get a long run in the bank?

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 307 Guests are online.:
joweniba Light

We welcome our newest member: joweniba Light
Board Statistics
The forum has 47976 topics and 69139 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen