stripped back about these

in General Section Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:09 am
by Banning • 184 Posts

With only a few months left until the Seville marathon (which Nike Air Max 90 Femme is now sold out – unsurprisingly given it gets great reviews from Nike Air Max 97 Damen runners and started at an astonishing reasonable €30) I'm back in training after my easier week in Ethiopia, which you can read all about here. With the travel and altitude, I "only" ran about 30-odd miles that week, and my legs felt the benefits of that at the weekend. My track session was sprightlier than usual on Saturday and my Sunday long run (16 miles yesterday) didn't feel nearly as much of a slog as usual. For those slogging their way through a marathon schedule, I do thoroughly recommend a proper rest now and again. It turns out that it makes everything feel better (or hurt less, anyway).

My long run on Sunday morning came after a Saturday night spent at my running club Christmas Ball – a lovely event not least as it offers the opportunity to see what your Nike Air Max 2016 Mujer running friends look like when wearing clothes that aren't made of high-vis lycra. Plus I even won an award, which provides a lovely end (well, it's December now) to my running year. Just one more cross-country race to go next weekend and then it's nothing but increasingly long runs and hard pre-marathon training. Though on the plus side, I think that gives me a licence to eat non-stop mince pies …acold Saturday afternoon in a field in Surrey? Ah, it must be the cross-country league. I have a love/hate affair with cross-country – about 95% hate and 5% love, and the latter is only for the delicious cakes my team always rustle up afterwards. Actually, although I like to moan about it, there is something rather appealingly stripped back about these races. Runners, Adidas Eqt Support Adv Femme fields, the most basic of race markers and that's about it.

Unlike Adidas Superstar Damen most people, I never did cross-country as a child, so I don't have the memories many wax lyrical or wince with pain about. Instead, I'm developing my own, brand-new set of phobias. There is the difficulty of warming up. How do you warm up properly for a race which starts in a hilly, muddy field and which inevitably seems to involve a last-minute scramble from a car park/train station while attempting to attach race numbers with frozen fingers incapable of working a simple safety pin? In my case on Saturday, clearly you don't, as I ended up getting a terrible stitch after 2.5m and gasping the rest of the way around. I've never had a stitch so bad I still felt it the next day, so that's a first, at least.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 363 Guests are online.:
porrijamaxe

We welcome our newest member: porrijamaxe
Board Statistics
The forum has 47625 topics and 68686 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen