The Jacksonville Jaguars desperately need an upgrade

in General Section Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:12 am
by chenyan94 • 32 Posts

at quarterback — it’s the most important position on the field (and maybe even professional sports) and we’ve seen that even below average https://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Marqise-Lee-Jersey , turnover free play from the guy under center can get this team a win.That’s why it’s not surprising that national draft pundits are starting to mock quarterbacks to the Jaguars at the top of the first round.Yesterday, we looked at Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller and his pick of Duke quarterback Daniel Jones. While Jones wouldn’t necessarily be a bad pick (and it seems likely given the connections between Jones and the Jaguars) but he wouldn’t be my first choice — or likely the first choice of many in Jacksonville.That honor goes to Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins, who is draft eligible and will likely declare with Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer stepping down after the season — and Dane Brugler of The Athletic is making our dreams come true with his first mock draft of the year!Sign me up for Haskins. He’s a strong-armed, athletic, intelligent quarterback who can’t stop won’t stop breaking Big 10 records and would be a great fit in a West Coast offense paired with a bruising run game.You can read a detailed breakdown of Haskins here. The Jacksonville Jaguars allowed 30 or more points in a game just twice last season in constructing arguably the league’s best defensive unit in 2017.The 2018 Jaguars have allowed at least 30 points in back-to-back weeks in a pair of losses to the Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys.While the juggernaut offense of the Chiefs may be an understandable blip for the Jaguars Telvin Smith Color Rush Jersey , allowing 40 points to a Cowboys team that had scored 20 points or less in four of their first five games is more puzzling. Dallas handed the Jaguars a 40-7 loss on Sunday just a week after the team lost 30-14 to the Chiefs.“Nobody’s panicking right now. We’re frustrated. We’re (ticked) off,” safety Tashaun Gipson said Monday, via Mark Long of the聽Associated Press. “Absolutely, but nobody’s panicking right now and that’s the thing. I don’t know of any type of answer that people are looking for, know there’s not a panic button. At least there’s not a panic button in my mindset T.J. Yeldon Jersey , and I don’t see the guys in here panicking.”The Chiefs put up 424 yards of offense against the Jaguars despite only converting 4 of 12 third down chances. Blake Bortles throwing four interceptions certainly didn’t do much to help out his defense, which also picked off Patrick Mahomes twice in their effort.However, the Dallas game was more problematic. The Cowboys put up 378 yards of offense as Cole Beasley went 101 yards and two touchdowns on nine catches and Ezekiel Elliott and Dak Prescott combined for 188 yards and two touchdowns on the ground as well.“We’re looking at a lot of different things because obviously it’s not good enough,” head coach Doug Marrone said. “A lot of times people will want to (say), ‘Is it this person?’ If it was just as simple as this or this or this Lerentee McCray Color Rush Jersey , you know, it would be easy. We would make those decisions and move on. But when you’re playing poorly as a team or coaching poorly, you have to take a good look at yourself.”

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 399 Guests are online.:
Throplad 19, Cesarbelle, Eva0001

We welcome our newest member: Throplad 19
Board Statistics
The forum has 47805 topics and 68913 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen