Common Network Jargon Terms

in Market Section Thu May 03, 2018 3:45 am
by annashetty • 12 Posts

Computer networking is filled with jargon that isnít self-explanatory. Hereís a quick overview of many of the terms youíll see when you glance at the network status information on any device.

Weíre definitely simplifying things a bit here ó this isnít an in-depth look at any one term.

ISP
Your Internet service provider is the company that provides you with your Internet connection. For example, your ISP may be Comcast, Time Warner, or whatever other company youíre paying each month.

LAN
A local area network is a small network thatís confined to a local area. For example, your home network or an office network is a LAN.

WAN
A wide area network is a larger network that covers a wider area. Your ISP provides you with a connection to their own WAN, which connects to the Internet.

IP Address
An Internet Protocol address, or IP address, is a numerical address that corresponds to your computer on a network. When a computer wants to connect to another computer, it connects to that computerís IP address.

IPv4 and IPv6
There are two types of IP address in common use. Older IPv4 (IP version 4) addresses are the most common, followed by newer IPv6 (IP version 6) addresses. IPv6 is necessary because we just donít have enough IPv4 addresses for all the people and devices in the world.

cool math games free, do router login
Scroll up

RE: Common Network Jargon Terms

in Market Section Mon May 07, 2018 9:34 am
by Taylorshaw151@gmail.com • 19 Posts

Itís common to come across such jargons when you attempt to change settings or try to troubleshoot issues. Many of these jargons are common and even though people are not aware of it fully they do the basics of what they do or why is it important. 5mileresort

Scroll up

RE: Common Network Jargon Terms

in Market Section Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:03 pm
by Manuel Abraham • 5 Posts

From your post only I came to know about this news. Actually, I was searching for this piece of information. I am grateful that I got so much of information from your post related to the internet service provider and many more.cable providers

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: mumbaifunclub2
Board Statistics
The forum has 12994 topics and 22598 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen